Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Danielle's Prediction for Real Estate 2012

In my opinion, 2012 will be an excellent year in real estate.  Some may ask how I came to this conclusion given the flow in the market the past 4 years.  Overall, I can't complain at all.  My business has consistently grown and I am very grateful!

But, back to 2012 and my "prediction".  First off, 2012 is an election year and historically election years are good for the economy.  Of course they are!  The incumbent wants the public to believe they have been doing a great job and now look how fantastically the economy has begun to improve under their leadership- for example- Dec. 2011 consumer confidence was up, unemployment was down and the housing market showed signs of stabilizing.  In addition, interest rates will remain low and lower than they have ever been.  They may even dip a few more times before October, 2012. 

Regarding San Diego, our market has nearly recovered from the 2008 debacle. Prices are flat and in some areas increasing.  The demand is still high and inventory is lacking overall.  Certain areas are experiencing multiple offer scenarios and overbids on properties.  2012 will be a rambunctious, interesting, busy year in the real estate world.  So says my crystal ball. :)

No comments: